On my honeymoon in Croatia, I became obsessed with Caprese salads and while I have yet to find a mozzarella in this country that even comes close to that in Croatia, this is a great dish to bring to a gathering. You really cannot go wrong when basil and fresh tomatoes are ever in the same equation! And when bringing something somewhere, I always love to add something fresh and healthy to the mix. This is not only appealing to the eye, but it is very easy to whip together, to transport and yes, it tastes delicious.
- 1 pt. cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ pound fresh mozzarella, cut into cubes
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Thread 1 basil leaf, tomato half, 1 piece of cheese, and another tomato half onto toothpicks. Place toothpicks in a shallow serving dish.
- Whisk together oil and next 3 ingredients. Drizzle oil mixture over skewers; sprinkle with basil and salt and pepper to taste.
Photo Credit: Framed Cooks