Dip In: My Favorite Dips, Sauces and Spreads
Below I have created a list (and links) to my favorite dips, sauces and spreads. So go ahead, dip in and enhance your meals with these simple recipes. The best news of all… every single one of these recipes is vegan and gluten free for those who have any dietary restrictions!
1. Pesto. My husband and I are obsessed with pesto. It is not an exaggeration when I say that we put it on everything! Bread, eggs, sauteed veggies, pasta, salad dressings, pizza, etc. I usually just whip up some of this homemade pesto once a week and let it sit in the fridge for us to find the lucky item to put it on. It is oh-so good and fresh.
2. Hummus. I put pesto on pretty much everything and I put hummus on almost everything. I love to add a heaping spoonful to a salad, use as a spread for a sandwich and of course have with veggies or crackers when I need an afternoon pick me up.
3. Guacamole. Who doesn’t love avocado? I truly believe it is nature’s butter and nothing is better than some avocado dressed up with spices. This recipe in particular adds in some peas because we all know how easy it is to eat the whole bowl of guac…
4. Fresh Basil Vinaigrette. This truly makes any salad spectacular. I have served it before just over mixed greens, arugula and topped with either pepitas or whatever other nut I may have on hand. Once again, make ahead and use all week long.
6. Pea and Mint Dip. This is a nice alternative to hummus when it’s hot out because this is so crisp and refreshing with the combo of fresh peas and mint. Also good for those who might not do so well with beans. Use the same way you use hummus.